Help - Bootloader
- If you are certain you have all the latest files and programs, skip to step 10.
- Remove any previous Memory Manager installs from your PC.
- Install latest Memory Manager version.
- Download Memory Manager for BL-NET at:
Download Firmware for BL-NET at:
- Run the .exe that you have downloaded and extract to:C:\Program Files\Technische Alternative\Memory Manager\ Betriebssystem_BL\
- Download UVR1611 Controller Firmware at:
- Run the .exe that you have downloaded and extract to:
- Download the bootloader catchall template (Windows - right click link below and Save Link as)
- Download the bootloader .gif file (Windows - right click link below and Save Link as)
- Plug Bootloader into Controller.
- Plug Bootloader into PC via USB cable.
- Run Memory Manager.
- Click Setup.
- If you are processing several Bootloaders and are certain you are plugging the bootloader into the same USB port each time, leave the same COM port selected and skip to step 21.
- Run a COM test to see if it recognizes a T.A. Device
If you see T.A. as above example, click cancel and select the radio button that corresponds to the correct COM port (in this case COM6). CLICK SAVE.
If you don't see a T.A. device in step 12, then you need to go to Control Panel-> Device Manager and find the Serial USB Port. You may have to unplug/disable other USB devices until you can assign it to a Port that the Memory Manager can communicate with (COM1-COM6) using the Properties -> Port Settings -> Advanced -> COM Port Number.
- Run Memory Manager -> Setup -> TEST COM, and you should get a T.A. status in the port you assigned in 14.
- Select the corresponding COM Port and click SAVE.
- You can now click Firmware Update (PC->BOOTLOADER), and select the file which should be the only one in the default folder. Let the process complete.
- Check all your plugs and make sure there are no power failures while updating any firmware!
- Wait until the status bar progresses and completes, and you get a Successful Update.
- If unsuccessful, go back to to step 21, otherwise continue.
- When successful, In Memory Manager -> Configure bootloader, set the IP address of your Bootloader to one of the following IP range: 192.168.66.<210-213>. In the unlikely event these addresses are already assigned click here for further advice.
- Set the BLD-Number to the same as the last octet of the IP address, ie. if the IP address is 192.168.66.213 set the BLD-Number to 213. Where you have multiple Bootloaders on the same network their BLD numbers MUST be different.
- Click "online diagram upload (PC->BL-NET)", browse to the BootloaderCatchall.html file, and click Open.
- Click "online diagram upload (PC->BL-NET)", select ".GIF" filetype, and browse to the 1Pixel.gif file, and click Open.
- Remove your USB cable and plug the Bootloader into the local network router with an Ethernet cable.
- In Memory Manager, enter the IP address and click Test IP, making certain that the IP matches what was set in the Bootloader.
- If this does not show a success result, you may have a bad unit, a bad firmware upload, or a typing error. Try returning to step 21.
- Browse the IP address you set with "/GRAFIK.htm" added to the end ( eg. 192.168.66.210/GRAFIK.htm), which should show you the template and values, or in the case of some Internet Explorer versions, you may need to right click and "View Source" to see the result.
- If after repeated attempts this process is unsuccessful, you may have bad hardware. Try another unit. If that one fails as well, you may have some faulty connections.
Make sure when you use the Memory Manager to configure a remote bootloader, omit "http://" and include the port number in the input field labelled port, not at the end of the URL or static IP address (eg ecosolar.homeip.net is all that you should see in the IP box)